Friday, July 3, 2020

Post 8 - Troubles of academic writing

Academic writing can be troublesome because most often instructors give topics that a student doesn’t really know or care about. You can’t be passionate about something you’ve never given a second thought to. There is a certain flow to academic writing. It is not a simple conversation like everyday life. Academic writing has a designated audience and the audience deserves a good read. You write a paper and although it sounds convincing to you, there is the possibility that the target audience is bored or confused. 

Texting is easier than academic writing because it doesn’t have to have any structure. I can send a simple message to make sure my husband doesn’t forget his hair cut appointment. I can send an emoji and get my point across. Conversations can be over with yes or no. My spelling or punctuation doesn’t have to be correct. I don’t have a thesis statement in a text message conversation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post 14 - What Everyone Else Learned in English 1101

There are many similarities with my fellow colleagues about what we learned this summer. Most of us had the same struggles and found that si...